• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2013 Database System Mailbox Deleted

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Message Routing >> Exchange 2013 Database System Mailbox Deleted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2013 Database System Mailbox Deleted - 7.Nov.2014 7:52:37 AM   
bozard

Long story short, all system mailbox accounts were deleted.

I recreated the typical system mailbox accounts with the setup.exe /PrepareAD.

Problem is, the system mailboxes that are unique to the Database are also gone and need recreated. These system accounts are NOT recreated when rerunning the setup etc.

All mail flow outbound to other databases or email accounts outside of the organization have stopped. All inbound email is still working.

How do I recreate these accounts?

The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service was unable to process jobs in a mailbox database.
Database: ******
Error: Couldn't find system mailbox '49420906-3123-4a3e-bf1e-b9f3f607801a' in Active Directory.

I have three databases missing their accounts.

Thank you in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2013 Database System Mailbox Deleted - 7.Nov.2014 4:10:37 PM   
bozard

Resolved...

The objects deleted were painfully re-added via the ADSI manually. I created a new Database to see what content needed added to the msExchSystemMailbox object I recreated.
The only missing attribute that I couldn't add, that was extremely important was the msExchMailboxGuid. This was retrieved from looking at a previous point of time via a restored VM.

Using LDP.EXE and ADRestore.Net did not show this deleted object. This only showed user and computer objects. The msExchSystemMailbox object is not either or these. Hence the manual restore via ADSI (The only way )

Regards

Brandon

< Message edited by bozard -- 7.Nov.2014 4:16:22 PM >

(in reply to bozard)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2013 Database System Mailbox Deleted - 8.Nov.2014 6:09:26 AM   
ericagillian

Exchange server disasters may make the precious Information store data including User mailboxes out-of-bound for users. Such situations require immediate intervention from Exchange administrators as unavailability of user mailboxes and precious business data contend therein may cause severe damage to the organization.

Read More:- http://www.****/****

(in reply to bozard)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Message Routing >> Exchange 2013 Database System Mailbox Deleted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter