• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA web page display issues after update (no applets starting)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA web page display issues after update (no applets starting) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA web page display issues after update (no applets st... - 18.Dec.2014 8:16:55 AM   
zoli1972

Hi,

Recently, we had some systzem updates, which we installed on our exchange server, which is a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (X64). On the first try, the update failed to install and made the system hang. At the second try, update seemed to succeed.

Since then, we were unable to access exchange at all. At services, all exchange services were disabled and stopped. They had to be re-enabled and restarted one-by-one. Additionally, external workers of our company couldn't access exchange via OWA, getting "page not found" or similar messages on their browsers, even after the mentioned services were running again.

As we found out, due to the above mentioned update issue, there were two additionally services, which also 'suffered' de-activation. This was 'WWW publishing service' and 'HTTP SSL'. I Started the two, and OWA page became available again. Unfortunately, the applets on the OWA page don't load anymore, at least not properly. So, user sees a simple text-based page, where he can log on and read his emails. This is not a browser issue, as I cross-checked this using Firefox (several versions), Chrome and even a Samsung tablet's built-in browser, from inside and outside our company network. Everywhere the same results.

The strangest thing is, that especially, accessing via Internet explorer (no matter which version) is impossible due to a certificate error. Setting up the certificate as 'trusted' in the client PC doesn't work.

EWS-based access via mail clients which support this, such as Mailwise on Android is working.

How can I re-enable the applets to be loaded again?
Why is IE acting that kind of different?

Help really appreciated.

Zoli
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA web page display issues after update (no applets starting) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter