• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Questions on SCR

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> High Availability >> Questions on SCR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions on SCR - 14.Jan.2015 8:04:00 PM   
m245

I've newly set up an exch 2007 server and intend to use it as a SCR targe server for another Exch 2007 server which is already in production. I will use update-storagegroupcopy to do the seeding but I am afraid it will seriously affect the performance of the SCR source Exch 2007 server. Will it take a long time for the seeding process to finish (the edb file is 50GB and both source and target are in the same office) and do I have a way to stop the process if it ready does seriously affect the performance of the SCR source server while seeding?

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Questions on SCR - 19.Jan.2015 1:56:07 AM   
m245

If I am going to do a manual copy from source to target, is it a proper way to do the seeding if I do the following?

1. issue Enable-StorageGroupCopy (in source). I supposed the status will become "suspense" in this stage

2. dismount database (in source) at night when no one is using the exchange server

3. copy the edb to a usb harddisk

4. mount database (in source) after finishing copying

5. copy the edb from usb harddisk to target server the next morning

6.issue resume-storagegroupcopy (in target)

Will it cause problems as there will be a 12-hour time gap between step 4 and step 5.

(in reply to m245)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> High Availability >> Questions on SCR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter