• Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can someone explain this to me...weird x.400 issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Can someone explain this to me...weird x.400 issue Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can someone explain this to me...weird x.400 issue - 19.Oct.2004 8:59:00 PM   


Posts: 109
Joined: 21.Dec.2000
From: PA
Status: offline
We have an X.400 connector to an exchange 5.5 system that is in the site as our exchange 5.5/2003 system is in (they are in different organizations though). I do not have any rights on the other exchange 5.5 system at all. Today I found out that I am not allowed to have read rights to that system to do directory replication. So, I had to proceed with manually creating them user accounts in AD and creating there X.400 email addresses so I could create the address book view for when users are migrated over to exchange 2003 (my mailbox is the only one there now). After this was done, I checked the address book to see if the users for the exchange 5.5 system would show and they did. Since they only have about 30 users, doing it manually wasn't going to be too much work to keep updated.

Well, a few hours later, users here (in the exchange 5.5/2003 system) started to complain they were getting NDRs when they sent email to the users over the X.400 connector. I did some looking around on the servers and didn't find anything in event viewer and tracking the messages looked like they left the system. I sent an email to one of the users over the X.400 and it worked fine (keep in mind, my mailbox in on the exchange 2003 server). The only other thing I though to do was to delete all the work I had done earlier. I did this and now everything works fine.

I am totally confused on why this happened. I have an ADC connector between our current exchange 5.5 system and our AD. However, I cannot understand how what I did caused these problems. I am not replicating the part of AD where these user accounts resided to exchange, so I don't understand where the email system got confused. If anyone can explain this, I'd be happy to understand what went wrong. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.


Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Can someone explain this to me...weird x.400 issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter