Distribution list conundrum (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General

Studon -> Distribution list conundrum (3.Feb.2015 10:01:27 AM)

Hello all,

I have an interesting request that I need some advise on. I will do my best to describe the request as clearly as possible.

I have been asked to provide a method of getting a single email address for senders to send the same email to a group of users. The kicker in this request is that they want something setup so that when one of the group "deals" with the email it is no longer visible/available to the other members of the group. Currently, as much as I do not like the idea, we have an account setup with an email address that has been added as a second account to all the group members and they are dragging and dropping messages from the 2nd account into their account when they deal with the email. This requirement is desired so that there is accountability when dealing with these messages.

What I would like to see is some sort of managed Distribution list that allows a "manager" and a backup person to receive the emails and distribute them to a member of the group or something similar. There has to be a better way to do this than to create an account and have a group of people checking 2 mail accounts. At least I really hope so.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information please let me know and I will do my best to provide the information for you.

Thanks,
Chris

Page: [1]