• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

iphone randomly changes default email to an alias.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> iphone randomly changes default email to an alias. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iphone randomly changes default email to an alias. - 20.Feb.2015 10:50:22 AM   
bryanonbass

I have a few users who have their exchange 2007 account added onto their iphone.
They added it the same way everyone else did. Autodiscover picks up the right settings and everything looks good, then at some random interval that exchange account changes to one of the aliases associated with that account. So emails look as if they are being sent out from that alias and then it automatically cc:s the main account.

example:
my email address is user@business.com which is my default smtp. I also have user@happyhour.com as an alias.

I add a new exchange acct to my iphone with user@business.com and my AD password. It discovers proper settings and everything looks good. This is the only acct on my phone.
Then I go to send an email from that acct and it no longer shows user@business.com but user@happyhour.com as the acct.

This happens for a few people, but not everyone. Any ideas?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> iphone randomly changes default email to an alias. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter