• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Disclaimer and SMTP relay

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Disclaimer and SMTP relay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disclaimer and SMTP relay - 31.Mar.2015 4:22:56 AM   
Lectrician

I am using SBS2011.

I have a disclaimer setup which is added to all outgoing email if the disclaimer is not already there. This works fine for all users using Outlook connected to exchange and iPhone/pads connecting to exchange.

I am able to send email via the server on the internal network for items such as the MFP Scanner, Sage Accounts software etc.

Anything sent via SMTP from these devices does not get the disclaimer added.

BUT

If I setup a temporary account in Outlook with a fake pop server and use the SBS2011 server as the outgoing SMTP server, authenticating with username/password of an account, the email is sent fine WITH the disclaimer added.

Why are the devices emails not having the disclaimer appended?

As I write this, I am wondering if it is authentication? Perhaps the devices are not authenticating properly. Umm....

Any pointers?
Post #: 1
RE: Disclaimer and SMTP relay - 31.Mar.2015 4:39:31 AM   
Lectrician

OK.

Being stupid.

Disclaimer is added to all emails sent to "external recipients". I was only seeing the CC emails emailed to an internal address, not the TO emails to external addresses.

It is working fine :-)

(in reply to Lectrician)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Disclaimer and SMTP relay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter