• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 in new Domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> Moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 in new Domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 in new Domain - 5.Oct.2015 2:01:10 PM   
Rygar

Looks like I posted in the wrong forum, could someone move this to the correct one please?

Good morning everyone, I am hoping to find someone that would be able to assist me with a migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007.

We currently have a single name domain which we will call DomainA (I'm so creative) . We currently have another domain setup we will be moving too which will be DomainB.com. DomainA currently has four Exchange Servers and Domain B has four exchange servers. DomainC is strictly a test SMTP domain. This is used to test routing without affecting our production servers. We have brought over most of our AD groups and permission groups from DomainA to DomainB.

The current Admin has gotten Domain B to route mail to DomainA, however domain A cannot route mail to DomainB. The idea was to be able to get the two domains to email each other then migrate the emails one at a time. The method of renaming the domain and then running the exchange rename was rejected due to comfort level with the risks. Here is some more info:

From the exchange server in DomainB:
Hub TransPort
Remote Domains: Default, DomainA
Accepted Domains:
DomainA: Internal Relay
DomainB: Authoritative
DomainC: Authoritative (This is the test SMTP domain)
Send Connectors
External-SiteF: FQDN - smtp4.domainA, Address space - SMTP cost 1, use DNS "MX" recourds to route automatically, source server SiteF server
External-SiteH: FQDN - smtp2.domainA, Address space - SMTP, cost 10,use DNS "MX" recourds to route automatically, source server SiteH server
External-SiteL: FQDN - smtp3.domainA, Address space - SMTP, cost 1,use DNS "MX" recourds to route automatically, source server SiteL server
External-SiteP: FQDN - smtp.domainA, Address space - SMTP, cost 10,use DNS "MX" recourds to route automatically, source server SiteP server
Internal Relay: FQDN is blank, Address space type is smtp, address is DomainA, main is routed through a smarthost in SiteH
Global Settinsg
Site mail servers are here but using 255.255.255.255

I'm sure I'm missing some things, please ask away. I am not an exchange expert, so my apologies if things seem vague or confusing. I'll try to clear stuff up.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> Moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 in new Domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter