• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA not functioning externally

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA not functioning externally Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA not functioning externally - 10.Dec.2015 9:52:08 AM   
todd@hdns.org

Hello all,

I have an Exchange 2013 server that has just been set up (not in production yet) and I cannot access OWA externally. It comes up fine internally by going to the Exchange servers IP address/OWA.

I have forwarded all posrt to the Exchange server in the firewall and can send and recieve mail fine (recieving via telnet commands).

From outside tne network if I go to https://66.39.165.42/owa all I get is a spinning circle followed by "This webpage is not available ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"

If I go to http://66.39.165.42/Exchange, I get the following message before any login prompt at all :

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

For some added information that may or may not relevant, we originally had a SBS2003 server that crashed...mail was moved to office 365 until the new server was up. In the process of migrating the SBS2003 to Server 2012 that came a point where I was supposed to uninstall Exchange from the SBS2003 server however it would not uninstall (errors). I ended up having to just remove the 2003 server from the network and have come across a few instances where the new server believed that there was still a 2003 Exchange server on the network. I was able to resolve these issues along the way by registry entry deletions or adsiedit deletions. Not sure if that is causing any of this but I have not seen any errors stating that the 2003 server is still out there somewhere...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am supposed to go into production tomorrow. :)

Thanks a lot.

Todd
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA not functioning externally Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter