• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

DAG Server Maintenance - Applying updates and rebooting

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> High Availability >> DAG Server Maintenance - Applying updates and rebooting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DAG Server Maintenance - Applying updates and rebooting - 17.Dec.2015 7:44:38 PM   
xxsubz78x

I am new to Exchange 2013 and I am planning on configuring a DAG with only 2 servers in it. These servers are both in the same AD domain and the same site. In fact, I only have 1 domain and 1 site which makes it pretty simple.

If I have to install updates to one of these servers and then reboot, what is the recommended method for doing this? Do I simply reboot and the DAG fails over to the 2nd server?
Post #: 1
RE: DAG Server Maintenance - Applying updates and reboo... - 16.Jan.2016 1:58:41 PM   
Lekhan

Hello,
Yes you should patch passive node (make switchover if it handles any DBs), and reboot.
Then make switchover on the second node, and repeat patching, reboot.
Of course you should have witness share, and if you have two nodes of DAG it seems you have it.
BR Aleksey.

(in reply to xxsubz78x)
Post #: 2
RE: DAG Server Maintenance - Applying updates and reboo... - 18.Mar.2016 12:48:35 AM   
sajidami82

For Patching and rebooting server make sure you put the server(node) and services in maintenance mode.

Sajidami82

(in reply to Lekhan)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> High Availability >> DAG Server Maintenance - Applying updates and rebooting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter