• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Autodiscover Externall does not work

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Mobility >> Autodiscover Externall does not work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autodiscover Externall does not work - 28.Feb.2016 3:45:20 AM   
syntax1127

Hello all,

I am facing a really difficulties configuring autodiscover for my sbs2008 server, Unfortunately with no luck.

My purpose is to migrate my SBS2008 to office365 but in order to do that I would like to use the Cutover migration tool and in order to use that I have to make sure that my external autodiscover service is working perfectly.

I would like to accomplish a situation where my users will be able to configure outlook from outside the domain and from every computer.

Here is what I have configured:

1. I do have an UUC/SAN trusted certificate from godaddy with the following domains:

remote.mydomain.com
mail.mydomain.com
autodiscover.mydomain.com
2. I have configured the public(External) DNS Records to look like this:

A record - mail.mydomain.com -- points to my external public wan IP address

MX record - Points to my mail really server

and according to this post: http://www.thirdtier.net/2009/02/setting-up-an-external-autodiscover-record-for-sbs-2008/

I have configured SRV Record with autodiscover to point to mail.mydomain.com. ( Should I point it to remote.domain.com?? )

3. My SBS2008 server is configured with mydomain.local and not domain.com so I think this is the cause of my problem.

When I try to connect an external Outlook client I get a pop up from outlook with an error messaged say: The connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

And then when I press OK, I get the authentication pop up with my internal server name: servername.mylocaldomain and on the mailbox window I get =SMTP:myusername@mydomain.com. ( Screenshot is attached )

It seems that I do get to my server from outside ( No firewall issues ) but the authentication or the access to the mailbox is fail from some reason .

Here are some more details and steps I have taken:

I have added a UPN suffix to my domain so it will recognize mydomain.com (Using Active Directory Site and Trusts). I have also changed the users to match according to this s post:
http://terenceluk.blogspot.co.il/2013/10/using-autodiscover-to-setup-users.html

I have added new DNS zone in my SBS2008 in order to make the external domain be recognized. I have added A records as well.
Changed the Outlook anywhere authentication from basic to NTLM.
Reboot the SBS server.
What am I misiing? No matter what I do the autodiscover service does not work :-(

I really need to make it work. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Autodiscover Externall does not work - 15.Feb.2019 1:41:47 AM   
lindarose11

The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful
Raft Wars 2

(in reply to syntax1127)
Post #: 2
RE: Autodiscover Externall does not work - 14.Mar.2019 9:32:43 PM   
alicetaylor

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write

Mutilate A Doll 2

(in reply to lindarose11)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Mobility >> Autodiscover Externall does not work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter