Problem with installation Exchange 2010 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation

BigMaras -> Problem with installation Exchange 2010 (4.Mar.2016 7:38:01 AM)

Hi,
I have domain in forest and when I try to start command "setup /prepareschema" I receiving error:

In cmd view:

Setup needs to contact the Active Directory schema master but this computer is not in the same Active Directory site as the schema master

Setup needs to contact the Active Directory schema master but this computer is not in the same Active Directory domain as the schema master

in setup log:

[REQUIRED] Setup needs to contact the Active Directory schema master but this computer is not in the same Active Directory site as the schema master

[REQUIRED] Setup needs to contact the Active Directory schema master but this computer is not in the same Active Directory domain as the schema master

I read about recommendation to change schema master role to local domain but is it really one and only solution?

BigMaras -> RE: Problem with installation Exchange 2010 (11.Mar.2016 2:35:52 AM)

I'm really the only one with this kind of problem ?

de.blackman -> RE: Problem with installation Exchange 2010 (14.Mar.2016 7:15:35 AM)

I think in order for you to get some feedback, you may need to provide additional details such as the number of domains in the forest? Is exchange installed in the same domain as the schema master? How many AD sites and subnets?

Also Have you tried the suggestions in the errors you presented. In order to run prepareschema, you must run the tasks from a machine that is in the same domain and AD site as the schema master. Once you run this and AD replication has occurred, then you can run your exchange setup on the server designated for Exchange.

BigMaras -> RE: Problem with installation Exchange 2010 (16.Mar.2016 7:49:56 AM)

Hi,
Thanks for reply.

My domain is one of 8 other domains in forest but of course my domain controller don't have schema master role, so probably this is problem.

My questions is how to install exchange in domain when I don't have schema master in domain? Is it possible?

de.blackman -> RE: Problem with installation Exchange 2010 (16.Mar.2016 8:48:45 AM)

Unfortunately you cannot - you need to run this task in the same domain and site as the schema master. You should contact the root domain administrator and ask him to do so.

Please remember that you are going to modify the entire active directory forest (not just your domain) by installing Exchange. Make sure all the other domains are ready for this change.

Page: [1]