• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Redirect old emails to new domain email server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Redirect old emails to new domain email server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Redirect old emails to new domain email server - 7.Mar.2016 4:25:25 PM   
mariusstanase

Hi All,

My company primary domain need to be changed from olddomain.com to newdomain.com.
We need to deploy a complete new organization (new ADDS forest new exchange server)
Users mailboxes will be exported to pst file and imported to the new organization. (from exchange 2010 to 2013)
Users email address format will stay the same.

My problem is to how to deals with the emails that our customers will send them to the username@olddomain.com?

Is there a way to map or redirect emails sends to olddomain.com to the newdomain.com?
Does the old exchange server still need to be up and receive this emails and then forward them to the new server?

Thanks a lot!
Post #: 1
RE: Redirect old emails to new domain email server - 8.Mar.2016 3:48:59 PM   
Edwin009

Hi,

If i understand correctly, - every current user having olddomain.com domain should get an additional newdomain.com address, and they should keep receiving with olddomain.com but should use newdomain.com to send new mail.

- create Accepted domain newdomain.com

- Add additional Mail address ending newdomain.com to each user with E-Mail Address Policy

- modify e-mail address policy so each user has primary address newdomain.com and secondary as olddomain.com

- do not change anything on the MX / DNS records - as both domains need to be sent to your exchange server even in the future.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Edwin.

< Message edited by Edwin009 -- 8.Mar.2016 3:50:32 PM >

(in reply to mariusstanase)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Redirect old emails to new domain email server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter