• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

EDB File Size

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> EDB File Size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EDB File Size - 2.Jun.2016 8:34:43 PM   
thejackal

Hey Guys
Not sure if anyone still uses the forum has been a while for me and looks like it is full of spam.
Anyway hopefully there is still some activity on this. Now to my question, We have a customer with exchange 2013 and we have a database that seems to be growing rather rapidly. I have checked the white space 95MB free as well as all the mailboxes sizes included deleted items etc.
The issue is the mailboxes barely seem to grow. We have around 350 GB of mailboxes including dumpster space however the edb file is 600GB and growing. I can't see anything strange in the event logs. I'm thinking of moving the mailboxes to a new DB however i would like to try and get to the bottom of what is causing the EDB file to blow out.
Cheers
Luke
Post #: 1
RE: EDB File Size - 2.Jun.2016 11:47:07 PM   
T.Markus

It seems the issue is happening due to white spacing in database, keep the full backup and do offline defrag. Also check if there is any large archive mailbox in the EDB file that is receiving same emails as of other mailboxes.

(in reply to thejackal)
Post #: 2
RE: EDB File Size - 6.Jun.2016 6:56:25 AM   
srasmus

Hi,

I faced a similar issue once.

In my case the DB growth was caused by a new IOS (Apple phones) update.

Don't know if this is your issue, so just giving a suggestion.

(in reply to T.Markus)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> EDB File Size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter