• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Custom Forms for Resource Bookings

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Custom Forms for Resource Bookings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom Forms for Resource Bookings - 19.Aug.2016 3:38:59 AM   
florismk

We're looking into moving from a dedicated resource planning tool to resource management in Exchange, with me as the primary advocate for Exchange.

There is one specific challenge I am uncertain about.

Our current booking system handles everything from rooms to equipment to parking spaces to the company car to catering. Bookings are made by filling out Intranet forms (different ones for different resources) that are manually processed by our Facility Bureau, and manually entered into the planning tool. For instance, when planning a meeting with catering, the form asks for the preferred room number, but also for the level of catering (coffee, lunch, luxury level of lunch etc).

If we move to Exchange to manage our resource bookings, I know the business will want to have the same level of functionality. So when booking a room with a beamer, for instance, the meeting organizer must be able to indicate whether he actually needs the beamer (so the resource owner knows if the meeting can be moved to a room without a beamer, if necessary, and to notify the organizer if the beamer breaks). If the organizer needs lunch, he needs to be able to book Catering, and indicate what kind of catering.

I know resources can have custom attributes to indicate what the resource supports. Is the reverse also possible: that a meeting organizer can indicate, when booking, what attributes (and attribute values) he needs?

For instance, we have a room 4.18 with a beamer and a whiteboard. When I book that room, I want to indicate that I won't actually need the beamer. And when I book catering for the meeting, I want to indicate that I want coffee in the morning, lunch (Gold level) and soft drinks in the afternoon.

Would a combination of custom attributes and perhaps custom forms be able to support this?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Management >> Custom Forms for Resource Bookings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter