• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MS Outlook PST Split

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> MS Outlook PST Split Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MS Outlook PST Split - 30.Aug.2016 5:28:54 AM   
wolfseamen@gmail.com

Hi folks,
Seaching a lot for Outlook PST Splitting solution. Is there a safe and easiest way to split my PST file. As i read over Internet that from 97 to 2002 PST uses ANSI standard for storing email data and has capacity up 2 GB. But in the newer version it extended its capacity to 20gb. It is better with 2GB capacity. Everything is mashed up because, It almost 12 GB and takes too much time to search for a perticular mail.
Post #: 1
RE: MS Outlook PST Split - 23.Jan.2017 6:50:03 AM   
JObrien84

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfseamen@gmail.com

Hi folks,
Seaching a lot for Outlook PST Splitting solution. Is there a safe and easiest way to split my PST file. As i read over Internet that from 97 to 2002 PST uses ANSI standard for storing email data and has capacity up 2 GB. But in the newer version it extended its capacity to 20gb. It is better with 2GB capacity. Everything is mashed up because, It almost 12 GB and takes too much time to search for a perticular mail.

Hey there! Did you find the solution? I have exactly the same issue. I've searched here and there but couldn't find any good solution.

John

(in reply to wolfseamen@gmail.com)
Post #: 2
RE: MS Outlook PST Split - 9.May2017 5:13:23 AM   
SanaCA

quote:

ORIGINAL: JObrien84

Hey there! Did you find the solution? I have exactly the same issue. I've searched here and there but couldn't find any good solution.

If you're looking for free solution, you should refer to this blog post - Split PST File into Multiple Parts Try Few Easy Manual Tricks

The above blog post contains 3 easy manual tricks which don't require any 3rd party tool or any other cost. All you need to use is MS Outlook client, that's it. It has few built-in features which you can use here, such as Archive, Import & Export, Move to Folders, and Drag & Drop. By using any of these features, you can easily transfer mailbox content from one PST file into two or multiple PST files. You must try the manual tricks shared in the above blog post before purchasing any 3rd party software. I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.

(in reply to JObrien84)
Post #: 3
RE: MS Outlook PST Split - 10.May2017 5:36:28 AM   
JessicaCarter

A big PST file causes the performance issue in Outlook and due to large PST file, there will be chances of corruption. However, Outlook has three Inbuilt features that help to improve Outlook performance and make PST file small

1. Move PST file items by using Archive feature of Outlook
2. Import & Export feature of Outlook to move PST file items
3. Move PST file items by using Move to Folder feature.

In case of large PST file above discussed features will not be effective. So in this case you can take help of third party tool like Stellar PST Splitter. You can get its demo version from:https://www.stellarinfo.com/split-pst-file.php

(in reply to wolfseamen@gmail.com)
Post #: 4
RE: MS Outlook PST Split - 7.Jul.2017 7:21:49 AM   
bloggeranjalitomar

Its true that a number of professional application are available for the same goal to split big PST file. If you search on Google, then you will find such solution. But Kernel for PST Split software is really an effective tool for such requirement.

Read more detail : http://outlookpsttools.blogspot.com/2014/05/tips-to-break-or-divide-oversized.html

(in reply to JessicaCarter)
Post #: 5
RE: MS Outlook PST Split - 6.Aug.2017 12:48:47 AM   
seamuss1

good help

< Message edited by seamuss1 -- 6.Aug.2017 12:59:08 AM >

(in reply to bloggeranjalitomar)
Post #: 6
RE: MS Outlook PST Split - 26.Aug.2017 6:26:11 AM   
CraigKeenan

This blog will help you surely. Manual Guide.
https://exchangeserverstips.wordpress.com/2016/12/17/how-to-split-oversized-yet-heavy-pst-files-into-small-pst-manually/

Thanks

(in reply to seamuss1)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Outlook Web Access >> MS Outlook PST Split Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter