SBS2011 to EX 2016 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration

Azaxs -> SBS2011 to EX 2016 (2.Nov.2016 4:23:30 AM)

Hi

As there is no 2016 section I have posted here hope that is OK?

Current set-up is single server with SBS2011 as SBS has been discontinued and we have not far off growing past SBS limits the time has come to migrate away.

Plan is 2 VM's 1 x AD server and 1 x EX server. I have found this fantastic guide of this site http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-2016-articles/migration-deployment/migrating-small-organization-exchange-2010-exchange-2016-part6.html

Will this work for migrating Exchange from SBS 2011?

Thank you in advance for any help give =)

Azaxs -> RE: SBS2011 to EX 2016 (21.Nov.2016 6:29:17 AM)

Hi geniouscrampton

Thank you for the reply and advice.

I have test VM's running with SBS-2011 - New DC and New EX

I have new DC running and users migrated so all is fine with the AD side.

I am hoping to be able to use exchange to migrate mailboxes to the new EX server.

I can move them one by one when I have moved the client pc's/laptops to the new OU.

Azaxs -> RE: SBS2011 to EX 2016 (22.Nov.2016 6:48:24 AM)

I have hit a stumbling block at the moment.

In the Updating Exchange 2010 Virtual Directory URLs section of part 4 all the commands run apart from

Enable-OutlookAnywhere -Server $Server -ClientAuthenticationMethod Basic -SSLOffloading $False -ExternalHostName $HTTPS_FQDN -IISAuthenticationMethods NTLM, Basic

the command returns

virtual directory 'Rpc' already exists under 'AMG-SBS2011.AMG.local/Default Web Site'.
ameter name: VirtualDirectoryName
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (AMG-SBS2011\Rpc (Default Web Site):ADObjectId) [Enable-OutlookAnywhere
], ArgumentException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 789C2C6B,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.EnableRpcHttp

Also another question in SBS-2011 in dns remote. has its own zone should I remove that zone and create host name for remote. to point to the new server?

Page: [1]