Do I really have a disjoint domain? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation

mchdrexzcv -> Do I really have a disjoint domain? (3.Jan.2017 3:00:40 PM)

Our local MS 2012 domain's dns is mycompany.local, and our external dns is mycompany.com, the only thing that is different is the ROOT domain.

MS states that if you have a different dns "suffix", from internal to external you are running a "disjoint" system and you must take steps on your DC and Exchange member servers to fix this issue. My question is if only the root domain <.local to .com> changes, is this really a "disjoint" domain?

TIA......

lexington code auto trading review

Howie

jimschuuz@yahoo.com -> RE: Do I really have a disjoint domain? (5.Jan.2017 2:24:00 PM)

No, that isn't a disjoint namespace. A disjoint namespace occurs when your internal DNS and internal domain are being served by a different domain.

As long as Mydomain.local is the default domain of your DNS server, it is not a disjoint namespace.
Using your internal DNS and internal domain to serve internal addresses for Mydomain.com (such as mail.mydomain.com points to mailserver.mydomain.local) is called a split DNS (or split brain).

A disjoint namespace occurs when your users who are a part of Mydomain.local get their DNS lookups from Theirdomain.remote instead.

Page: [1]