• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to find out if BCC was utilized

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> How to find out if BCC was utilized Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to find out if BCC was utilized - 1.Dec.2004 5:01:00 AM   
wallkeyx

If I am sent an email (either as TO recipient or CC), is there a way I can find out if the original sender had a BCC recipient as well?

I do not necessarily need to know the BCC identity, just if there was one or not.

Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: How to find out if BCC was utilized - 1.Dec.2004 10:55:00 AM   
mark@mvps.org

No, you cannot tell from your copy of the mail if anyone else had been included via BCC

(in reply to wallkeyx)
Post #: 2
RE: How to find out if BCC was utilized - 1.Dec.2004 2:46:00 PM   
wallkeyx

Is their a way for the email administrator to set up a "rule" like the following (please excuse the syntax, I am not an Exchange guru):

{ # start rule

CHECK all incoming SMTP packets for RCPT (BCC)

IF "wallkeyx" is also a recipient;

THEN send email to "wallkeyx" indicating there was a BCC recipient for email message xxxxxxx

# end rule}

Is this possible?

Thanks,

(in reply to wallkeyx)
Post #: 3
RE: How to find out if BCC was utilized - 9.Dec.2004 10:04:00 AM   
realto

Some mail filters will deliver emails from known persons in you address book to the junk mail folder (because there has been a bcc recipient) This way you can know if your email has a bcc recipient.(not the identity)

For ex....try this.
I had signed up in a yahoogroup using my hotmail id. Recently, messages posted by a particular person from the group gets delivered to the junk
mail folder in hotmail, while the others were not. (Only to find out that person was Bcc'ng to someone else as well.)

quote:
Originally posted by wallkeyX:
If I am sent an email (either as TO recipient or CC), is there a way I can find out if the original sender had a BCC recipient as well?

I do not necessarily need to know the BCC identity, just if there was one or not.

Thanks,

(in reply to wallkeyx)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> How to find out if BCC was utilized Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter