• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Question for updating SP2 to SP3 UR17

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> Question for updating SP2 to SP3 UR17 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question for updating SP2 to SP3 UR17 - 12.May2017 1:42:52 PM   
steven.r.ronin

Hi there,

I need your opinion and advice on the following project:

Currently we do have:
1x Server 2008 with Exchange 2010 SP2 HUB&CAS Role
1x Server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010 SP2 Mailbox Role ( 250 Mailboxes )

Both Server Operating Systems arenīt stable any more so we donīt risk trying the SP3 update on these boxes.

We plan to install 2x Server 2012 Operating System and install Exchange 2010 SP3 with UR17 both holding Hub&CAS&Mailbox Roles next to the two old servers, move Mail routing from the old SP2 Hub&CAS to one of the new ones, decomission the old SP2 HUB&CAS and move all the Mailboxes from the old SP2 Mailbox Role Server to the two new servers.

If this would work I could spare the risk of updating the old servers and keep the old Mailbox Role Server only that long until I moved all the 250 Mailboxes to the new one.

What do you think, will this scenario work or canīt I run SP3 & SP2 Mailbox Role Servers together for a couple of days if both of them are served from SP3 Hub&CAS Servers?

Thanks for your comments!

Steven
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> Question for updating SP2 to SP3 UR17 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter