Moved public folders from primary mb to multiple secondary mailboxes. Why primary mb still 400GB (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Migration

siliconvalleyrocks -> Moved public folders from primary mb to multiple secondary mailboxes. Why primary mb still 400GB (30.Jun.2017 8:00:07 PM)

In newly installed exchange 2016 standard server environment. I migrated public folders from exchanged 2010. All public folders ended up in a single Primary Public Folder Mailbox. The size of the mailbox grew to 400GB after the migration completed. so I decided to move public folders to multiple secondary mailboxes. I completed the move process, but the original mailbox size has not gone down from 400GB. I don't want to leave anything in the primary so moving everything out.

We are facing two problems now.

1. Moving emails to from inbox to public folders take forever. It takes about 4-6 minutes to move 5mb pdf attachment file.

2. the size of the primary public folder mailbox still shows 400gb.

The size of all new mailboxes add up to 400gb; which means the copy has completed successfully.

Has anyone ran into this issue, or know of someone who might have seen similar issue?

I would greatly appreciate any tip or pointer to help fix this issue.

Page: [1]