• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Upgrading to Exchange CU22

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Upgrading to Exchange CU22 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrading to Exchange CU22 - 4.Mar.2019 10:31:05 AM   
johnm@psbc.org

Hello, Don't post much but I exhausted the web for answers and I know this has to be a known problem. When I try to run the setup.exe to install exchange CU22, when I run the upgrade it references and Old CU21 when I'm upgrading and have the install pointed to CU22. It is looking for the upgrade in the bin folder: The Exchange Server setup operation didn't complete. More details can be found in ExchangeSetup.log. When I checked the log it pretty much reference as this the issue even though I'm installing it from c:\utils\EX_CU22

The Exchange Server setup operation didn't complete "File exchangeserver.msi does not exist in specified directory D:\Exchange2013\bin"

John Moran
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrading to Exchange CU22 - 15.Apr.2019 2:52:18 PM   
Edwin009

You've ran into a setup bug. The first time you run setup you need to specify the target install directory. But if setup fails and you rerun, setup notices that the target directory has been set the previous time you ran setup and errors out. What it should do is check to see if the target directory being given matches what it remembers the target directory is from last time. If it's different it can error out, but if it's the same it should let things go. If you're running install a second time don't put the target directory, and setup will use what was specified the first time the command was run.

Please run the following command which /targetDir parameter is not included:

.\Setup.exe /mode:Install /role:Mailbox /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms

Regards,
Ed |Tech Support Team
https://www.Apps4rent.com/

< Message edited by Edwin009 -- 15.Apr.2019 2:53:19 PM >

(in reply to johnm@psbc.org)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Upgrading to Exchange CU22 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter