• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error (0x80070057) : Invalid Parameter

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error (0x80070057) : Invalid Parameter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error (0x... - 2.Jun.2005 9:38:00 PM   
undivine

I have an Exchange server on Small Business Server 2003 and the clients are all Outlook 2003 and the client setup is: "yourisp.com" POP3 account is default mail account, as the email is hosted externally. Each user's Microsoft Exchange profile is the secondary mail account in Outlook. The email address in Outlook is the same as the hosted external SMTP email address: username@domain.org. This is in their Active Directory user profile, Global Address Book and also a contact file in the global contacts list which is shared in a Public Folder Outlook. All the users at this office have the same thing. The trouble is that when a user tries to send a fellow staff menber an email from inside, it sits in the outbox and will not send. I re-entered the email in Exchange on the server and also tried recreating the contact in Outlook Shared Contacts and no luck. It will send just fine if you use the Exchange account to send, but not the POP3 account. But even if I go into her contact and choose her email from that same All Users list, it will not go. Error is: Task 'yourisp.com - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' This is able to be duplicated sometimes, not always, from most but not all users in the office! If I Create a contact directly pointing to the external POP3 address in the Public Contacts folder and manually type in the address it still resolves to the Exchange email format, and when I go into the contact email address properties it says the email type is EX and not SMTP, and I cannot figure out how to change it. I want to always use the default POP3 account in Outlook 2003, and be able to send to these users' email adresses and not use the exchange email addressing at all .
I have tried recreating Outlook profiles for all users to no avail.
I have tried manually recreating the contacts in the Contacts object in the Public Folder, to no avail.
I have tried changing the SMTP address associated with the users in Active Directory / Exchange to something different just to differentiate from the extrnally hosted account, and even removed the X400 address from there as well, but still the Global Address Book shows their username@domain.org and X400 addresses and the email type is unchangeably in EX format.

I figure that this is somehting someone has run into before, and I am probably just too new at this Exchange setup using externally hosted email addresses to know what I am doing.
Any help will be appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 3.Jun.2005 12:38:00 PM   
markerman

Why not simplify things by registering and having your mycompany.com domains MX record pointed to your external IP address (Must be static) on your gateway, create a rule on your firewall or gateway to forward all SMTP traffic to your exchange server and get rid of the externally hosted POP3.

(in reply to undivine)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 13.Jun.2005 12:20:00 PM   
undivine

How do I determine the MX record to use? They dont let me just put in an IP, it seems like I have had to do something like this before and the MX record looked pretty crazy like "va2-comcastmc.comcastbusiness.com."

Also is there a way to get around the Static IP thing?

(in reply to undivine)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 15.Jun.2005 11:52:00 AM   
ajenkins

Have you tried changing your host file. We were having almost the same problem here with an IMAP account and Exchange. The location of the hosts file to edit is:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Add in your exchange server.

Hope this helps. We just got it to start working so we don't know if this is the 100% fix, but if it works on yours that would help us to be more assured that it is.

(in reply to undivine)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 16.Jun.2005 5:24:00 PM   
cdavenport

The issue I had with this was users were putting .local users in the Shared Contacts folder in Exchange. All emails contacts except the local domain would go out fine. Anytime it was a (local user) the email would get stuck in Outbox & would receive error. I removed the .local users & no more errors.

(in reply to undivine)
Post #: 5
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 7.Jul.2005 5:47:00 PM   
csarris

I am having the exact same problem as undivine who started this post. Were you able to solve this problem? Thanks

(in reply to undivine)
Post #: 6
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 8.Jul.2005 7:16:00 PM   
Have recently moved to Outlook2003, and began having the same problem described first.
HELP! Please...

(in reply to undivine)
  Post #: 7
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 8.Jul.2005 7:40:00 PM   
csarris

This seems to be occuring because the Small Business Server 2003 Exchange server has a Recipient Policy that sets a new user's email address to 'yourisp.com' - as you would want it to. However, when you make a new contact such as "user@yourisp.com" it sets the type to "EX" instead of "STMP" as the first post above from Undivine mentioned. I removed that email alias from the users email property tab in Active Directory and re-made the contact and it did not set the type to "EX". However this is not a great solution. Another work around I found was to not choose users off the 'contacts' address list in a new email but off the Global Address List and the email went out with no errors. Thoughts?

(in reply to undivine)
Post #: 8
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 16.Jul.2005 6:49:00 PM   
Try the solutions in this forum, i think it would helpful in solving the error: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic22927.html

(in reply to undivine)
  Post #: 9
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 23.Jul.2005 6:56:00 AM   
Having the same problem with SBS 2003. [Confused]

Company.com is hosted with an ISP.

User pop3's down user@company.com email to outlook.

Exchange is set to have email id as user@company.com. Works fine except when you create a contact for the internal user and type in user@company.com. It comes up with the exchange address (EX) or "ou=firstorganisation cn-=.." etc etc.

Users can type in the user@company.com address and it emails out fine. But if you pick from the contacts (displaying correct until you look at the contact properties) it fails.

Now for all the people about to say why ? host your own mx etc etc,

Thanks [Wink] know how to do that business requirements and cost are why this is in place. longer term will change.

Please any help on this is much much appreciated.

Any microsoft guys wow this is so not anywhere on the web that i can find. Experts exchange has a post with a dead solution so avoid paying for that one (like I did)

FYI the previous posts link is for antivirus blocking the mail not the ex address issue.

Thanks again

(in reply to undivine)
  Post #: 10
RE: Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error... - 29.Jan.2008 12:42:43 PM   
tomandlis

Hey everybody, you can find the answer here.  This was a real pain...even in Outlook 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-POP-and-Forwarding/browse_thread/thread/a2700874c8187269/e5aa985effe4c3e7?#e5aa985effe4c3e7

3 hours of surfing to fix that.  Grrr.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Exchange/Outlook 2003 unable to send locally: error (0x80070057) : Invalid Parameter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter