• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Manual routes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Manual routes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual routes - 13.Jun.2005 4:07:00 PM   
o517375

Hi,
I am new to Exchange. We have one Exchange server 2003 Enterprise. It is configured to send all email through the gateway and accept webmail through gateway. But this is too much traffic for the T1. We would like to split the various servers: IMAP, HTTPS, SMTP between 3 different T1s. SMTP goes through IP address 1.2.3.4, IMAP uses 1.2.3.5, and HTTPS uses 1.2.3.6

I don't see how to do that in the System Manager and I don't know the MS terminology to lookup in a book or Google.

Thanks,
Craig
Post #: 1
RE: Manual routes - 13.Jun.2005 5:41:00 PM   
Velocat

Hi o517375,

Open Exchange System Manager,

Drill down to:

ORG Name
Administrative Groups
ADMIN GROUP Name
Routing Groups
ROUTING GROUP Name
Connectors

Get the properties of:
Internet Mail Service (ServerName)

The General Tab allows you to specify a smarthost to route all mail, or domain specific mails via the "address space" tab. It sounds like you want all mail delivered to a smarthost, so you won't need to modify the default address space.

Let us know if that does it for you.

Good Luck.

(in reply to o517375)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual routes - 13.Jun.2005 5:44:00 PM   
Zelandakh

1.5Mbps should be enough for non surfing requests for up to about 100 staff.

But if you must pry (I must, I must), you need to do this with your firewall not ESM / Exchange Server.

Cheap way: buy 3 Netgear firewalls. Get a T1 with static IP each. Configure each one to point in. But you only get one DG. So IMAP or HTTPS or whatever.

better way would be ISA 2004 and a load balancing product to support multiple ISPs such as RainConnect.

(in reply to o517375)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual routes - 13.Jun.2005 7:17:00 PM   
o517375

The trick was to check Add Administrator's group.

We have 150 employees and we send out large emailings with very large attachments. I think though a T1 is sufficient for email. This will remove the load on HTTP.

Thanks very much,
Craig

(in reply to o517375)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Manual routes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter