• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Delays in receiving message from 1 domain since upgrade to 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Delays in receiving message from 1 domain since upgrade to 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delays in receiving message from 1 domain since upgrade... - 5.Jul.2005 4:34:00 PM   
Dulce

Background: We recently migrated our single Exchange 5.5 server (non-cluster) to a new Exchange 2003 server (active û passive cluster if that matters). Our operating system is Windows 2003, no service pack and Exchange is at Service Pack 1. After getting through the problems of sending mail to AOL and reverse DNS, we thought we were in good shape. Any problems that came up were small and easily dealt with.

Problem: But we have one problem that I havenÆt been able to figure out completely. We receive mail from a lot of outside domains wihtout problems except for one outside domain where the mail is now delayed excessively. We did not have trouble before the upgrade to Exchange 2003. At first it would appear that the mail was just vaporizing into cyberspace, so I had one of the users send a single message to me at my work address and my home address. The message was received immediately at my home address. Three days later it arrived in my work inbox. I checked the headers and found that the message left the senderÆs box right away and was delivered immediately to my inbox after our server reported it as received. Where it was for the other three days is baffling to me.

One other thing of note: the problem seems to occur only when the sender from the outside domain initiates the email. If they reply to one of our emails, I have been told there is no delay. We also have no problem sending to them.

Right away I am inclined to think that the problem is not on my end, however, there were no problems prior to the upgrade. There also doesnÆt appear to be any way to track down where the bottleneck might be.

My questions: What should I look for here? Should our FQDN be mail.ourdomain.com instead of the server name? What should I suggest that the sender look for? The sender is using Novell GroupWise Internet Agent 6.5.2. Is there an issue with GroupWise and Exchange 2003? Any suggestions are appreciated as we have a lot of dealings with this company and my users are getting antsy. Thanks! "[Confused]"

[ July 05, 2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: pcpix ]
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Delays in receiving message from 1 domain since upgrade to 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter