• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

offline address book reply or i die

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> offline address book reply or i die Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
offline address book reply or i die - 4.Sep.2003 8:27:00 PM   
joefeghaly

I recently moved users from the first exchnge 2000 server in my organisation to the second exchange server and i deleted the first server , i had a problem of free/busy system folder missing so i recreate it and rehome it to the new exchange server but i had a new problem which is the offline address book which is not rehomed and i am having the following error on outlook clients whenever i try to synchronize:
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error(0x8004010F) :
'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'
Please help or i will die.

[ September 04, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: jojo ]
Post #: 1
RE: offline address book reply or i die - 5.Sep.2003 4:44:00 PM   
gagnec

If you look at the properties of the default offline address book (in ESM, under recipients), make sure your server is listed. Then right click on the offline address book and choose rebuild.

I have not tried this, as I am in the process of rebuilding my lab environment but I believe this will rebuild the OAB.

Chris

(in reply to joefeghaly)
Post #: 2
RE: offline address book reply or i die - 5.Sep.2003 4:50:00 PM   
gagnec

One other thing you need to check is the public folder that stores the offline address book. If this folder was not rehomed before you removed the server, this could be the problem. In ESM right click on Public folders and select view system folders.

(in reply to joefeghaly)
Post #: 3
RE: offline address book reply or i die - 5.Sep.2003 6:12:00 PM   
joefeghaly

You are right and i have done a reset to the system folders on exchange server 2000 but the problem as described in Q275171 so the free/busy folder was restored but not the offline address book. I am working with microsoft on this matter and they did not do anything until now so i really appreciate if you can help with this point.

(in reply to joefeghaly)
Post #: 4
RE: offline address book reply or i die - 27.Nov.2003 3:01:00 AM   
alankar

Dear User

as in the last reply , you need to change or rehome the Offline Address Book Server from the old removed server to the new one , and to do so , you need to access the properties Page of the Offline Address Book under ESM , and do right click on the Offline Address Book and check the server name , if the old server name was listen , you need to change it to the new exchange server, and give it a time for replication. i faced the same problem , and i solved it by the above solution. trust me [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

regards

(in reply to joefeghaly)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> offline address book reply or i die Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter