• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public folder Outlook issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public folder Outlook issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public folder Outlook issue - 10.Nov.2003 7:38:00 AM   
DJH

I have just this week finished my migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Everything is running smoothly except I have an issue with my outlook clients recieving the following message:

Unable to update free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exchange server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to the site. See your administrator.

Now I before I switched to native mode on my exchange 2003 server after removing the 5.5 server from my network I believe I followed all the right steps and left the 5.5 server with all services disabled running and had no issues. I have no refrences left to anything 5.5 related on my network and I believed the migration of public folders was sucessful. However when I try and review my public folders in exchange system manager it now tells me the following:

The mail proxy for this folder can not be found. this may be due to replication delays. the mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: c1038a21

I can not see what I have missed but clearly I have done something wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Public folder Outlook issue - 12.Nov.2003 4:33:00 AM   
sniper

DJH,

you probaly didnt allow enough time for replication of the system public folders

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450

How to fix your issue

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822444&Product=exchange

(in reply to DJH)
Post #: 2
RE: Public folder Outlook issue - 21.Nov.2003 4:19:00 AM   
DJH

Thankyou very much for the reply. Unfourtunately I had no success with this fix as the problem is still occuring. Strangely it only happens on Outlook 2000 client computers, Outlook 2003 users do not seem to have this issue!

This is driving me crazy as it happens every hour on nearly 100 Outlook user computers! I will keep at it.

Thanks

(in reply to DJH)
Post #: 3
RE: Public folder Outlook issue - 27.Nov.2003 2:50:00 AM   
alankar

Dear User
i think you forgot to remove the old exchange server from the Schedule Free/Busy system folder and didn't add the new server , simply go and review the System Folders , and go do Schedule+ Free/Busy , and go to properties page of it , then remove old server name from inside Replica Tab , and add the new exchange server. then give a time for replication. this will solve your problem for sure. trust me [Smile] [Smile]

please reply to me if you did solve it or not.

regards

(in reply to DJH)
Post #: 4
RE: Public folder Outlook issue - 27.Nov.2003 1:54:00 PM   
DJH

AL-Ankar, thanks for the response you have put me on the right track! I did move the old folder to the server properly but I now know why I am getting the message! The free/busy folder is missing. Delated somehow. Would have to have been after I did the migration as I remember doing the steps to move it from my old server. I have found a tech net article to replace it but it only refers to 2000 exchange, anyone know how to restore this folder under 2003 exchange?

Thanks

(in reply to DJH)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public folder Outlook issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter