• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to update public free/busy data.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Unable to update public free/busy data. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to update public free/busy data. - 15.Jan.2004 5:27:00 PM   
dujohn

Hi

We were running E 5.5. We upgraded it to E 2000 and then moved all mail boxes and public folders to a different hardware running exchange 2003. Everythign was fine. We left both machines running for 2 months.

Last month i removed(shut down) the old server. After that day some of our employees started receiving the following error.

"Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exchange server computer serving this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site. See your Administrator."

I tried the MS article 284200, but no use.

Can any one help ?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to update public free/busy data. - 17.Jan.2004 2:51:00 AM   
koggen

Go to Folders->Public Folders and right-click->View System Folders. Then right-click the SCEDULE+ FREE BUSY->subfolder and get properties->Replication. Make sure that the new server is listed there and remove any references to the old server.

(in reply to dujohn)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to update public free/busy data. - 18.Jan.2004 4:23:00 PM   
dujohn

Thanks Johan. I will try this first thing tuesday. But for now i am trying patching the client PC's with latest OFFICE service packs.

Also i cheked under the replication tab, there is notthing there. I think i will have to add the new server in there.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks again - K.V

(in reply to dujohn)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to update public free/busy data. - 28.Jan.2004 11:53:00 AM   
dujohn

Johan Looks like this worked. I service packed (office service packs) a few machines, but it didn't stop the error from popping. Then i changed the setting on the server and waited for few days no more complaints...

Thanks dude - John.

By the way any clues on the following ?

One of the users in our company, the reminders (the same ones) keep popping every few seconds.

It's happening even if you go and uncheck the "reminders" box.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks - John.

(in reply to dujohn)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to update public free/busy data. - 28.Jan.2004 9:20:00 PM   
koggen

Glad you got rid of those annoying free/busy messages! It's so easy to forget rehoming those public folders when you upgrade/switch servers.

I don't really know what you mean by "reminders" keep popping up? If you mean reminders to scheduled events in a user's calendar than that sounds more like an Outlook than an Exchange issue. Have you searched the MS site?

(in reply to dujohn)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to update public free/busy data. - 30.Jan.2004 11:43:00 AM   
dujohn

Yes, you are right i am talking about reminders to "scheduled" events. I checked the MS site, they were talking about putting office service packs which i did and nothing changed.

Anyways looks like this problem has been solved, i dont hear any more complaints from the user.

Something weared happened, 2 days ago the user comes back form vacation and all his calendar items starting jan 15th 04 and back are gone. i had restore all the stuff from our tape, after this i didnot hear any complaints from him on these reminders popping up.

Thanks for your help.

John.

(in reply to dujohn)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Unable to update public free/busy data. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter