• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HELP!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP! - 10.Mar.2004 12:19:00 AM   
KevinMach

Guys,

A few months back, I set up and Exchange Server on our small company's Windows 2000 Server just for the benefit of sharing public folders. Up to that point, our server was a stand alone server--no Active Directory installed. As most of you know, AD is required to use Exchange, so I installed it, but did not really set it up properly.

Recently, I started having some minor problems, and a friend of mine who is a network administrator suggested that my hastey setup of Active Directory might be causing the problem (I won't go into detail here). Anyway, he suggested that I demote server using dcpromo, rename it, then promote it again.

Normally, I am pretty cautious about this stuff, but I must have been in a rare mood. Without fully understanding the implication or backing anything up, I did it. And now my public folders appear to be gone.

My question is: Is the information stored somewhere on my server even though I can't access it? Have I lost it forever?

I'd like to think that even though AD tracks all the objects on the server, that the actual files or folders that store this information might be lingering on the hard drive somewhere else, so I can recover my shared folders. I have not deleted or done anything pertaining to Exchange itself, but I'm not sure this is enough to save me.

Besides my being a complete moron, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
Post #: 1
RE: HELP! - 14.Mar.2004 10:30:00 PM   
sdawson

Heya Kevin (I see you're burning the midnight oil there with a 12am posting time [Smile] )
I believe this article will be able to help you out a bit. If not fully, it should be able to set you onto the right path when looking for a resolution.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/dbrecovr.mspx#XSLTsection125121120120

(in reply to KevinMach)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote