• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange hosting for 100+ domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Exchange hosting for 100+ domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange hosting for 100+ domains - 14.Mar.2004 12:17:00 AM   
sdawson

From what i've seen and rtfm'd out, there seems to be no way of hiding public folders from various users (only setting the perms to keep them from opening them) so that when one user logs in he/she doesn't see the public folders for all my other mail domains. Is this entirely correct? There is nothing to be done about it and i'll just have to suck it up and explain to the users that yes, they can see each others folders but not open them? How do those firms that offer remote Exchange hosting do it? Do they also just "deal with it?"
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange hosting for 100+ domains - 14.Mar.2004 3:36:00 AM   
wiscy

You most certainly are able to shield public folders from view. Client Permissions uncheck the Folder Visible attribute for Default and Anonymous and set only for the desired group or individual(s).

I currently have 4 virt domains hosted on my server and users from one virt domain may see and access only that domain's folders.

(in reply to sdawson)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange hosting for 100+ domains - 14.Mar.2004 7:21:00 PM   
sdawson

Aha, you're a good man JeffJa. I dunno why it didn't occur to me. tyvm sir.

(in reply to sdawson)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Exchange hosting for 100+ domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter