• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Documents in PF slow to open on one server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Documents in PF slow to open on one server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Documents in PF slow to open on one server - 26.Mar.2004 8:23:00 PM   
psmith5947

I have 4 Exchange 2000, SP3 servers in three routing groups. All are installed on Windows 2000, SP2. The primary server (ML1) replicates fine to one server in a separate routing group (ML2). It also appears to replicate ok to the second server(ML3) in the third routing group--at least the files and messages arrive there. When I try to view the messages from a client located in the domain where ML3 is located, it lets me open messages ok, but it takes almost 2 minutes to open a very smal Word document or notepad file that has been dropped into the folder. This happens whether I drop it from a PC in ML3 domain or from PC in ML1 domain and wait for replication. I repeat the process on ML2 and the documents open just fine. I have turned up logging to max and I'm not getting any replication or access errors, just the usual 3093 for logging set to max. I've created a new mail profile on the test desktop and tried it from several other user's PCs, all with differenet permission levels. It feels like it is opening the document by accessing it over the VPN from ML1 instead of accessing the local copy on ML3. All 4 servers are part of the same forest and utilities show no trust errors. Any ideas?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Documents in PF slow to open on one server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter