• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating public folders to SharePoint 2001

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Migrating public folders to SharePoint 2001 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating public folders to SharePoint 2001 - 29.Mar.2004 10:22:00 AM   
trance

Hi,
I have to migrate the folder hierarchy under public folders with all email messages to sharepoint server 2001. In addition to this, i will have to replicate all permissions from the folders of exchange to sharepoint.

When i programmatically try to copy the folders with mails stored as .eml, SPS fails to copy the file type .eml. So i rename the file and copy it as .msg but this fails to get indexed with SPS.

Instead i tried copying (ctrl-C) the public folders content from exchange and pasting(ctrl-V) it into a webfolder on SPS. The files are copied as .eml files but they do not open with MS Outlook. Instead they open in the browser with a Outlook-like template and the sent date appears as the date when the file was copied and not the original date of the message sent.

How can i store public folders and messages in SPS so that they open with Outlook?

Please share your ideas as i am a new bee to Exchange as well as SPS.

Thanks!
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Migrating public folders to SharePoint 2001 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter