Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders

muellinger_hn -> Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (5.Aug.2004 11:06:00 AM)

Hello!

Some days ago i implementet a new Windows 2003 Domain with an Exchange 2003 Server Enterprise with SP1.

Everything works fine but i have one Problem:

When i start ESM and want to open "public Folder" ig get the following Error Mesage:

The HTTP Service used by public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public stores are not mounted and the information Store service is not running. ID-No.: c1030af3 Exchange System Manager.

I searched the MS Knowledgebase and found an article for Exchange 2k that has tips to solve the Problem.

I checke everything and it seems to be correctly configured. In the IIS-Manager i saw that the Exchange Websites use the path \\.\BackOfficeStorage

My problem is, that i could not open this Share in Explorer. Is that correct or do i have a problem here? How can i fix the error message above?

Thanks.

best regards
Carsten

bbuerstinghaus -> RE: Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (5.Aug.2004 12:02:00 PM)

Hi Carsten,

is exchange an inplace upgrade ?

Open your System Manager goto your server expand protocols goto HTTP and right click your virtual directory.
You can add there a new public folder directory, name it like you want and test it. If you can access your public folder open IIS Manager and replace the settings of your "original" Public Folder with the new one.

Hope this helps you.

best regards
Bj÷rn Bnrstinghaus

muellinger_hn -> RE: Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (5.Aug.2004 1:26:00 PM)

Hi.
It is not an InPlace Upgrade. Exchange 2003 was installed completly from scratch.

Sure i could plae the public folders in a new directory. That would not be the problem.
My Problem is, that it seems that i have a Problem with my Exchange Server here and that it is not propperly running.

So how can i acces the \\.\backofficestorage on my server? Do i need the drive Mapping?

Regards Carsten

muellinger_hn -> RE: Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (5.Aug.2004 3:49:00 PM)

Hello again.

The Problem is solved. [Smile] The Public Folder worked again after i stopped and restartet it.
It seems that it was just a small thing...

My System now works very well.

Thanks for all.

best regards,

Muellinger_hn

Guest -> RE: Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (17.Mar.2005 6:18:00 PM)

I dismounted and remounted my Public Folder Store and was able to view the Public Folders in OWA.

PFinkie -> RE: Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (12.Apr.2005 1:08:00 AM)

I am currently having the same problem with my Public Folders. All above posts do not help my situation. Is there something else I can do?

I currently have a new Exchange server 2003 running on Windows 2003 server. I also have a Domain controller on a 2000 server. Exchange is also authenticating through AD.

Guest -> RE: Exchange 2003: Public Folder HTTP-Service not running ?!? (12.Apr.2005 9:09:00 AM)

We have a win2k server with exchange on it for our clients and i set up the exchange to view the public folders on a new laptop running winXP for them.

It opens the username's i.e Craig mailbox but doesnt open the public folder named "public" like it usually does.

Im lost, this worked with all thei're other WinXP machines...help!

Thanx
Teunis

Page: [1]