• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can I create a shortcut to a public folder in Outlook?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Can I create a shortcut to a public folder in Outlook? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I create a shortcut to a public folder in Outlook? - 25.Oct.2004 8:01:00 PM   
kernel32

Hello all:

I am wondering if it is possible to put a shortcut to a public folder in Outlook 2003, while in the built in "Mail" view? By "Mail" view, I mean the default view that Outlook 2K3 starts with (accessed by clicking the Mail button on the left column). I want to be able to put a public folder link in the "Favorite Folders" section of this view. It looks like I can only put folders that are part of the users mailbox here. Right now, I can only access public folders by going into "Folder View" and then clicking numberous times to get to the desired folder. I know about the public folders favorits folder, which helps a bit, but I want it to be accessible via the "Mail" view if possible.

Thanks
Russ
Post #: 1
RE: Can I create a shortcut to a public folder in Outlook? - 3.Dec.2004 3:16:00 PM   
Sure... it's a two-step process... and while both steps sound similar, i assure you they are different.

First, in the Folder View, expand the public folders to the one you want to make a shortcut for. Right click on it and select "Add to Favorites...". This will put a shortcut to the Public Folder in the Favorite folder of the Public folder structure. Follow so far?

Next, expand the Public Folder\Favorites and right click on the 'shortcut' you just created there. Choose the option "Add to Favorite Folders".

Ta DAA! The folder should now appear in your Favorite Folders pane of the Mail view.

Cheers!

(in reply to kernel32)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Can I create a shortcut to a public folder in Outlook? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter