• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving PF Store ??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Moving PF Store ?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving PF Store ?? - 10.Nov.2004 7:29:00 PM   
Mike_Wins

Hi All,

New to these boards, but looks to have some useful info and people around, so decided to sign up.

OK, so here goes first question already.

Can anyone tell me how to move the Public Folder info store from 1 server to a new server (properly)?.

Background: We have had Exchange 2000 running on a single server for 18 months now, however the Drive that the Priv & Pub edb's and stm's are located is getting a tad full too much now that I wouldn't be able to do an off-lin defrag of the Private Info Store.

So I built a second Exchange 2000 server within the same site as the original on the assumption that I could simply replicate the Public Folders from the 1st server to the 2nd and once replication had completed i'd be able to dis-mount the Public Store on the 1st server and have it running from the second.

Having done this, once replication had (i thought) completed, I removed the 1st server from the replication list and propogated the replication settings down the entire Public Folder tree, once this completed I started getting a few calls saying that items were missing from Public Folders (not all but certainly a large amount), I hadn't dismounted the store on the 1st server fortunately, so I just added the first server back in to the replication list and hey presto all those items that were missing, re-appeared.

I left the servers to get on with it for a week just in case replication hadn't completed properly first time round, but the replication has definitly completed and yet when I remove the 1st server from the replication list, people complain about missing items from their public folders.

I've searched the usual Technet places, can find nothing and I've used up my full quota of Logic trying to work it out, but logic keeps leading me to the same answer, That there must be a more "Official Method" to migrating the Public Folder store from 1 server to another.

Please Help
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Moving PF Store ?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter