• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

lost public folders during 2003 migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> lost public folders during 2003 migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
lost public folders during 2003 migration - 8.Dec.2004 2:05:00 AM   
adabcool

Have a problem where some public folders were lost in exchange 5.5 migration. I did a full nt backup of exchange 5.5 before starting the process, but now the 2003 Exchange server is installed, and the old server is decomissioned. I want to rebuild a temporary 5.5 server and then do the restore, and somehow export the public folders, and import them into exchange 2003. But need some insite on how best to tackle this project.
Post #: 1
RE: lost public folders during 2003 migration - 8.Dec.2004 11:49:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

This should help: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/exdisrec.mspx - look for recovering single mailbox setup. Copy the missing public folder to a user mailbox and export this mailbox to a pst file which you can then import to exchange 2003.

(in reply to adabcool)
Post #: 2
RE: lost public folders during 2003 migration - 10.Dec.2004 4:27:00 AM   
adabcool

Do you think that recreating a server with exchange 5.5 and restoring the backup, and then using pfmigrate would work. That was a suggestion I got from someone

(in reply to adabcool)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> lost public folders during 2003 migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter