• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Multiple Calendars in Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Multiple Calendars in Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple Calendars in Public Folders - 9.Dec.2004 4:18:00 PM   
locdog8169

Hi Everyone,

I have multiple calendars setup in my public folders on exchange for different room uses after hours and during the day. i was just wondering if there is a way to create one main calendar that gets updated with all the events on the 10 or so building room use calendars.

any help would be appreciated

dennis
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple Calendars in Public Folders - 16.Dec.2004 12:08:00 AM   
I suppose that users post to the public folders directly?
You could mail enable one master public folder and setup a rule on the other 10 folders that will copy all to the master.
This will not update changes in the 10 folders.

An alternative is to set up the rooms as resources. The nice thing about that is that peole can see the availability of the rooms in the meeting planner free/busy.

a third party product like http://www.ExchangeGroupCalendar.com could help you to publish the resource information to any number of public folders if you still need those.

To set your 10 rooms up like resources you do this:
---------------
* For every resource you will have to create a user account in the active directory and give it a mailbox in Exchange.
* Log on with the username and password of the resource and set up an outlook profile.
* Open Outlook and
o On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Calendar Options.
o Click Resource Scheduling.
o Click the options you want.
o Click Set Permissions
o Click the Permissions tab, and then click Add.
o In the Type name or select from list box, enter the name of each person you want to grant permissions to, clicking Add after each name.
o Click OK.
o In the Permission Level list, click Author.
---------------

Now you have 10 resources, but if you want 11 public folders as well you can use the mentioned tool to make sure that all items of a resource are being kept in sync with their public folder and the master public folder that contains all items.

(in reply to locdog8169)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Multiple Calendars in Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter