• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail-enabled public folder with tasks

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Mail-enabled public folder with tasks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail-enabled public folder with tasks - 16.Dec.2004 5:50:00 PM   
siball

Hi all,

I've set up a mail-enabled public folder on our Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server which contains tasks. I was hoping to use this like a basic helpdesk system so that users could email the address of the tasks folder and I could then view these emails in the tasks list and modify the progress, owner, due date etc.

It appears to work OK and I'm getting email appearing in the list, but when I try to modify these, I get an error stating:

'You can't change this field in this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this item.'

I guess this is to do with the fact that the item appears as an email instead of a task, even though I've set the 'When posting to this folder use:' setting to 'IPM.Task'.

Anybody know how I can get around this???

Cheers,

Simon
Post #: 1
RE: Mail-enabled public folder with tasks - 4.Jan.2005 8:39:00 PM   
I am having the exact same problem.
Exchange 2003
Public folder set to post as IPM.task but mail sent to the public folder arrives as message, not task.
Any help appreciated.

(in reply to siball)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Mail-enabled public folder with tasks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter