• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Posting Public Folders with NNTP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Posting Public Folders with NNTP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Posting Public Folders with NNTP - 14.Jan.2005 2:24:00 AM   
svd

I have an environment with one front-end server and three back-end servers. I am trying to make some of the public folders available to OE clients via NNTP -- starting with internal clients on the backend servers. To do this, I have started the NNTP service and created a virtual directory "foo", set the news content to be stored on "Exchange Public Folder Database" and then selected the folder "foo" into the path which I previously created with Outlook 2003. I also created a subfolder under "foo" called "bar".

I configured OE and tried to get a list of Newsgroups. All I can see are the three control newsgroups, and not "foo". I attempted to create a Newgroup called "foo.bar" based on the subfolder, but always get the error, "Unknown Error (ffff)" when I attempt to do this.

So, the question is how to publish currently existing content in Public Folders to the NNTP service so that OE clients can see it.

Any help is appeciated.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Posting Public Folders with NNTP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter