• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

creation of public folder contacts with data table

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> creation of public folder contacts with data table Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
creation of public folder contacts with data table - 22.Jan.2005 12:18:00 AM   
jpico

Hello,

My company is using Exchange 2003 and we have GFI Faxmaker installed on the server as well.

I have been trying to create a public folder that holds all customer contacts found in one of our database tables. I have been successful so far in all aspects except that when the public folder is setup as an address book it shows all contacts and provides the capability to select that contact and send email, but does not allow faxing directly to the business fax number stored in the contact.

If I setup a contact manually in that folder and assign a business fax number and email they both show up when the user creates a new email, selects the To: button and selects that public folder. It is only programmatically that the business fax does not show up. Here is a sample of my code and how I am trying to accomplish this:

Dim oItem As New CDO.Item
Dim oFields As ADODB.Fields

Do While sqlDataReader.Read() = True
oFields = oItem.Fields
oFields.Item("DAV:contentclass").Value = "urn:content-classes:person"
oFields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/outlookmessageclass").Value = "IPM.Contact"

oFields.Item("urn:schemas:contacts:o").Value = Trim(sqlVendorDataReader("company"))

oFields.Item("urn:schemas:contacts:email1").Value = Trim(sqlContactDataReader("email"))
oFields.Item("urn:schemas:contacts:proxyaddresses").Value = Trim(sqlContactDataReader("email"))
oFields.Item("urn:schemas:contacts:fileasid").Value = 3
oFields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/emaillisttype").Value = 1

oFields.Item("urn:schemas:contacts:facsimiletelephonenumber").Value = Trim(sqlContactDataReader("cfax"))
oFields.Update()

Try
oItem.DataSource.SaveToContainer(sURL, , ADODB.ConnectModeEnum.adModeReadWrite, ADODB.RecordCreateOptionsEnum.adCreateNonCollection, ADODB.RecordOpenOptionsEnum.adOpenSource, "", "")
Catch
successstatus = False
End Try
Loop

Any help or suggestions on how to get the ability to fax directly from a public folder contact using this method is greatly appreciated.

Pico
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> creation of public folder contacts with data table Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter