• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Progate changes Only

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Progate changes Only Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Progate changes Only - 23.Feb.2005 10:02:00 AM   
I have a public folder with 16 child folders. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of sub-folders within in these child folders. I need to add several users with different permissions to these numerous folders. Is there a way to just add them to the Parent folder and just propogate the changes, only the changes, to the child folders and their subfolders without wiping out the existing permissions on the Child and sub folders.
I have reviewed the other folders and they have differentiating permissions from the parent folder which makes this task tedious to say the least.
  Post #: 1
RE: Progate changes Only - 14.Mar.2005 6:51:00 PM   
I believe you can use the PFADMIN, PFINFO tools to perform this task.
I also think the a company called C2C Systems produced a GUI based tool called ActiveFolders which can also perform this task.

It's been a while since I looked at this stuff so best to double-check, but I think this will do the trick.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: Progate changes Only - 23.Mar.2005 11:29:00 AM   
Paul Bendall

Use PFAdmin if you want a command-line or scripted solution, or use PFDAVAdmin for a GUI based solution.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Progate changes Only Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter