• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Microsoft fax service (win 2000) to PF

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Microsoft fax service (win 2000) to PF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft fax service (win 2000) to PF - 7.Apr.2005 9:32:00 PM   
ghirsch

Hi Guys,

I want to implement the Win 2K server fax service to share incoming fax in my office.
The service has an option to save incoming faxes in an Exchange mailbox, which works great.

Thing is, we use a Public folder for all incoming emails (it's a small business) and we want the Faxes to get there as well.
Since no notification is available for public folders, using the same folder for mail and fax is ideal - because this folder is being viewed most of the time.

Now, the problem is, rules won't work on the fax service items! i've been trying to add a rule to forware or copy the message to the PF, but Exchange simply ignores it!
Also, i think i've been able use a client-only rule which worked - but hey, I dont want Outlook running on my Exchange server!

Have anyone managed to get such a configuration working ? I really dont want to spend money on expensive fax solutions, as this service really seem to do all i need from it.

Any help will be appriciated!
Thanks,
Guy Hirsch "[Confused]"

B.T.W: Using Win2K Server (sp4) with Exchange 2003 std. sp1
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft fax service (win 2000) to PF - 7.Apr.2005 9:38:00 PM   
spiffman

This seems a little confusing in my mind, so I don't know if this will work. Try mail-enabling the public folder. Then forward the mailbox that the faxes are being delivered to on to the address of the public folder.

As I said, don't know if that will get around the rules that you are trying to set up. I didn't even know the rules wouldn't work.

Good luck!

Spiff

(in reply to ghirsch)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Microsoft fax service (win 2000) to PF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter