• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Permissions Issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Permissions Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Permissions Issue - 19.May2005 6:29:00 AM   
FAM9

What is the easiest way to way to give the group 'Domain Users' Read/Write/Create New Folders to all Public Folders (From the top level). When i add the domain users to e.g. "Projects" it creates the permissions but only for that folder not the folders within that folder. Also ive had to recreate my profile due to various issues but although im a domain admin im also unable to create folders from an XP workstation.

FYI, We used to run Exchange 5.5 on an NT server and have recently migrated to Win2k3 SBS with Exchange2003, due to problems with the microsoft recommended migration method in the end i had to export the public folders from 5.5 into pst, then (after creating a new Exchange server on 2003) imported them into 2003, i think this is where the problem originated...

Any advice would be greatly recieved as its driving me nuts, Thanks in Advance
Post #: 1
RE: Permissions Issue - 7.Jun.2005 7:08:00 PM   
judge smails

Check out the PFDavAdmin tool - it works very well. Or, you could just propogate the permissions settings from the root by right clicking on the PF, but that doesn't always work the best...

(in reply to FAM9)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Permissions Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter