• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Duplicate Email Removal, etc.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Duplicate Email Removal, etc. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Duplicate Email Removal, etc. - 19.May2005 11:58:00 AM   
WBAMIS

We use the public folders as a central repository for all inbound and outbound project email. By using keywords, we program the client side rules to place a copy of an email in the project's repsective folder. Exception rules are nearly impossible to keep curent and therefore we end up with lots of duplicate messages in the folders if users with the same rules are copied on a message.

Manually scanning each folder is something we rarely have time to deal with. Does anyone know of software that works in either real time or allows scheduling to scan the public folders for duplicates?
Post #: 1
RE: Duplicate Email Removal, etc. - 25.May2005 2:47:00 PM   
mark@mvps.org

There isn't that functionality directly in Exchange because that's not (generally) how someone would configure PF's.
Without knowing exactly what you want to do, one solution would be a flat folder where you had canned searches or filters to bring up the messages you wanted to see at a given time.

(in reply to WBAMIS)
Post #: 2
RE: Duplicate Email Removal, etc. - 25.May2005 3:16:00 PM   
WBAMIS

Thanks Mark,

The way you descibe might not work for us due to the amount of projects we juggle. A little more background for you. The we arrange ouf PF's is by project (we are architects, btw). The parent folder is normally but not always contact info with a sub folder for correspondence. Say we have projects in NYC, London and Boston. Each project would have it's folder as described above. If I send email regarding the NYC project, the subject is "NYC: New Drawings". The "NYC" keyword triggers a rule which copies my mail into the NYC PF. The problem arrises when 3 others within our office are cc'd we end up 4 copies in the folder. Exceptions simply don't seem to work for one reason or another, either not enough room to store all the names or they don't work as planned (See My post). Of course if we could get the rule exceptions to work as I understand they ought to we would be all set.....

(in reply to WBAMIS)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Duplicate Email Removal, etc. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter