• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

anonymous and default client permissions

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> anonymous and default client permissions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
anonymous and default client permissions - 26.May2005 8:11:00 PM   
tmoore

Hi All,

Cannot seem to find the answers for this, no matter where I look: When setting "Client Permissions" on public folders (when running with exchange 5.5), "Default" and "Anonymous" are automatically there. I know "Default" can be set to something (e.g. "Custom") and users/members added after that will be set to "Custom" initially. But WHO falls under the group "Default" and WHO falls under the group "Anonymous"? For example, are users outside of the x400 world of exchange servers on our site (who are using an SMTP) considered "Default" or "Anonymous"? Are the members of "Default" or "Anonymous" listed somewhere, if there's not a general explanation?

Thanks in Advance!
tremoore
Post #: 1
RE: anonymous and default client permissions - 7.Jun.2005 7:01:00 PM   
judge smails

I believe Default refers to all users internal to your Exchange Org and Anonymous refers to all users outside your Exchange Org... I'm pretty sure about that, but not 100%.

(in reply to tmoore)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> anonymous and default client permissions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter