• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

PF replication issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> PF replication issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PF replication issues - 30.May2005 1:10:00 PM   
Xaneth

I see a lot of these issues on the forum, but none of the articles have helped me nail down exactly what is going on. I have read up on Microsoft's site on how to troubleshoot replication issues to no avail as well. We recently upgraded our Exchange 2003 server's hardware to a clustered solution, and I followed the article at:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html

Great article by the way, nothing else really exists with a step by step like this article does. I have a couple of questions though. How important is it to replicate the PF structure when we hardly use PF anyway? I have a couple of PF's, but they can be recreated easily. I know there are system PF's, so I want to be careful to make sure replication happens if it has to. After setting up replication, I can track messages sent between EXCHANGE-IS@domain.com and MAIL-IS@domain.com fine, but it seems that replication is happening one way only, from the new mail server to the old one. When I create PF's on the new server, they appear on the old, but not the other way around. Content changes, tree structure, none of it is replicating to the new server.

Secondly, I am having trouble with my virtual SMTP server. I am leaving the old server in place so that when users log in, they are directed to the new mail server, and I plan to leave it up for a week or so. I would like to decommission the old server, but when I take the old server's virtual SMTP server offline, internal mail stops flowing. The last thing I want to do is slap the Exchange 2003 CD in and uninstall, and break my internal messaging functionality.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: PF replication issues - 3.Jun.2005 8:51:00 AM   
ScottyFryer

What happens when you track the message the other way? Have you turned up logging on the public store to see the incomming and out going messages. Is the old server producing outgoing messages for public folders?

(in reply to Xaneth)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> PF replication issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter