Permissions do not take effect (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders

missinglink1 -> Permissions do not take effect (28.Jun.2005 12:55:00 PM)

Hi everyone,
I need help or ideas, I have exchange 2003 and when I set client permissions on a public folder the client/user is not able to make changes or create new items. Publisher Editor permission is given to the client/user in the top hierarchy and in the subfolders. Items appear as read only. Thanks for the help

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Permissions do not take effect (30.Jun.2005 5:27:00 AM)

What are you using to set these permissions? Exchange System Manager or Outlook, and then how long have you waited? The permissions won't kick in but shouldn't take too long either.
If you did the permissions in ESM, have they become reflected in what you see on the Outlook permissions?

missinglink1 -> RE: Permissions do not take effect (30.Jun.2005 10:06:00 AM)

Yes, they are set in ESM and it's been awhile. I've done it in outlook as well. In ESM when you view the properties of the folder under client permissions, it even shows the user name. Now when you open the public folder some items are read only and some are not. Needless to say that I can't edit the read only items, but I can make new ones. Now the other factor is that there was a upgrade performed a long time to Exchange 2003 but I don't know the details of the migration.

Page: [1]