• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Permissions do not take effect

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Permissions do not take effect Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Permissions do not take effect - 28.Jun.2005 12:55:00 PM   
missinglink1

Hi everyone,
I need help or ideas, I have exchange 2003 and when I set client permissions on a public folder the client/user is not able to make changes or create new items. Publisher Editor permission is given to the client/user in the top hierarchy and in the subfolders. Items appear as read only. Thanks for the help
Post #: 1
RE: Permissions do not take effect - 30.Jun.2005 5:27:00 AM   
mark@mvps.org

What are you using to set these permissions? Exchange System Manager or Outlook, and then how long have you waited? The permissions won't kick in but shouldn't take too long either.
If you did the permissions in ESM, have they become reflected in what you see on the Outlook permissions?

(in reply to missinglink1)
Post #: 2
RE: Permissions do not take effect - 30.Jun.2005 10:06:00 AM   
missinglink1

Yes, they are set in ESM and it's been awhile. I've done it in outlook as well. In ESM when you view the properties of the folder under client permissions, it even shows the user name. Now when you open the public folder some items are read only and some are not. Needless to say that I can't edit the read only items, but I can make new ones. Now the other factor is that there was a upgrade performed a long time to Exchange 2003 but I don't know the details of the migration.

(in reply to missinglink1)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Permissions do not take effect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter