Copying Pulblic Folder Contact to mailbox contacts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders

jbobst1 -> Copying Pulblic Folder Contact to mailbox contacts (18.Aug.2005 12:09:00 AM)

Our sales force wants to regularly copy the contacts from our public folder contacts to their personal mailbox contacts. However, when they do this, Outlook never tells them that there are duplicate contacts, it simply copies all of the contacts and makes duplicates. Does anyone know of a way to have Outlook simply update the contacts and not make duplicates?

I know there is an option to disable the duplicate check, but that IS enabled in every case. In fact, when they copy contacts within their own mailbox, Outlook will alert them of duplicates, it is only when they copy the contacts from the public folder contacts when the problem comes up.

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Copying Pulblic Folder Contact to mailbox contacts (22.Aug.2005 1:47:00 AM)

Why do they think they need to do this?
If the contacts are in a PF and they want to take their laptop away you can drag a copy of the PF into the Public Folders\favourites folder and sync it.
If the users are office based and want to be able to search this contact list when they compose a mail you can select that PF Contact folder as one of the Outlook Address Book items.

I don't understand why they need to try and copy information around. The above two scenarios fit anything I can think they want to achieve.

Page: [1]