• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Site folder server delted

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Site folder server delted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Site folder server delted - 25.Aug.2005 4:37:00 AM   
I'm Stuck

When I run Exchange best practices analyzer it tells me that the Site folder server has been deleted, I have followed KB822444 that tells you how to recreate the folder which I have done

I'm now following a Microsoft document that tells you how to use ADSI edit to point to the new site folder, but do not understand this part of the document,

Locate the public folder information store you want to designate as the Site Folder Server, by expanding the following: CN=<PublicFolderStoreName>, CN=<StorageGroupName>, CN=InformationStore, CN=<ServerName>, CN=Servers, CN=<AdministrativeGroupName> ,CN=Administrative Groups, CN=<OrganizationName>, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=Services, CN=Configuration,DC=<DomainName>,DC=com

In ADSI edit I have DOMAIN NC, Configuration Container and Schema, how do I find CN=<PublicFolderStoreName>
Post #: 1
RE: Site folder server delted - 25.Aug.2005 5:54:00 AM   
manojp

Hi,

The adsiedit steps listed on any microsoft documents is from lower to higher. In other words if you have to find PublicFolderStoreName this is who it goes...

When you open adisiedit...

You would seee

DC=com

Domain

Configuration...we have to dig in this by clicking the sign next to it
CN=Services,
CN=Microsoft Exchange
CN=<OrganizationName ur ORG name
CN=Administrative Groups
CN=Servers
CN=<ServerName -server in ?
CN=InformationStore -first storagegroupStorageGroupName
CN=PublicFolderStoreName

In the right pane, right-click CN=PublicFolderStoreName and select Properties.

For remanining steps, please visit the Web stie given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/EXBPA/3e6d351d-18cf -4617-a6e2-5170369a51bf.mspx

This issue normally happens when the site folder server value is not pointing to a valid server.
You just need to make sure that the siteFolderServer value points to a valid server. If it's pointing to a server that no longer exists within the organization, then that could potentially cause you a problem.

If you look at the above article it talks about mixed and native mode Admin Groups rather than Organization underneath the covers, Exchange supports the notion of mixed/native mode
both at the AG and Org level. This warning won't fire if you have a native-mode Admin Group, that is a 'pure' Admin Group that was manually created through ESM.

Manoj [Smile]

[ August 25, 2005, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: manojp ]

(in reply to I'm Stuck)
Post #: 2
RE: Site folder server delted - 25.Aug.2005 6:12:00 AM   
I'm Stuck

Many Thanks for your help I have been looking for this answer for sometime [Big Grin]

(in reply to I'm Stuck)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Site folder server delted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter